One of the main worries within travelers is where to stay (unless you go wild). Whether you’re a planner and like to book in advance or you’re part of the rough league and only book on site, where one will spend the next night is something that is in everybody’s mind. Here we gather our favorites and some of the best platforms for booking accommodation online.
- Booking.com: Great platform with a huge variety of hoteliers. Genius rewards for frequent travelers with personal perks for future bookings such as welcome drinks, late check outs, special rates etc. Our favorite!
- Trivago: A search engine that compares the hotel prices of different sites.
Hostels/Guest Houses/Home stays
- Hostelz.com: A brilliant search engine that combines the best and lowest accommodation on Hotelworld, HostelBookers, Gomio and HostelsClub.
- Airbnb: We have used it several times. It’s reliable and great to live like a local. You can find good bargains but not always prices are cheaper than hotels.
- CouchSurfing: Probably the best way to save money and live the local experience in the world. Even though we have never booked a couch on a trip, we have several friends who recommend it.
Other sites that you can easily find accommodation around the world but that we haven’t used as much:
- Kayak: It’s good on the way that let’s you book not only hotels but also cars, activities, flights, deals etc.
- Hotels.com: Very popular in the United Kingdom.
- Expedia: A popular and transparent site to find hotels and more.
- Priceline.com: Great to find lodging in the city with a good range of low budget accommodation.
- Agoda: One of the best offers and property ranges on the Asian continent.
If you wonder what to pack for your overnight stay also check our travel planning article.